Sunday, November 8, 2020

Amazon


1) It's been years I have not updating my blog. I dont know what prompted me to pen my thought this time around. But this Amazon stuff is too irresistible for me to ignore, considering years of roller coaster journey that I going through.  

2) Along the journey, its tested my patience, my dignity, my life and family and even my friendship. Since everybody busy with their own life, its make them seems do not understand your problems are. Moreover, they have their own problem too, which make even harder for them to understand it. I accept this as human factor that normally happen to everyone, including myself. If I were in their position, I might do the same (Honestly I hope not). As what Najieb said to me "I been through life" not "lived a life", to me it was like "a journey not a destination". Even how good my explanations were, I am still skeptical one can understand it, let alone sympathy on me.  

3) While answering my question, Najieb said this to me - "Your wandering was like mine, I've been there. Now, I am comfortable to say I don't know but I know I have value. It is not easy to prove. But I guess I have managed to prove to some people and this is good enough. It is not going to be a lightning speed but resilience is all that is needed". Najieb then continued " I recall when I had to treat myself. I took therapy, LOA, and eventually move on and no looking back. I guess it is not how many times I fell but how many times I bounce back and true as i LOA. It keeps getting better. I mean, now, I can call people like Dato Joey and Travis as personal friends. When I was "terumbang ambing" before". He then ended "The only thing, never forget the hard times. Never forget the experiences gained and move forward. Once you have moved on. You look back, you will understand what I mean". Thanks for this advice Najieb.

4) Come back to this Amazon. What Najieb and I agree were - this E-commerce business is a way forward - that surely benefit to those embrace and make used of its potential in very beginning. When Covit-19 pandemic struck, it's not only send shiver down the spine on entire populations of the world, but it's also hasten the E-commerce business growth. You may look what those technological companies posted their financial result were, and see how much Amazon financial performance was. Their shares and profits improve by leap and bound since then. Najieb have seen this trending quite sometimes now, and I sees the same either. 

5) I have been wandering what kind of business that suited me. Is it technological and engineering business that I am looking? Or F&B / catering that I and my wife doing right now? Honestly I don't know. Along the way, when thing starts crumbling - I decided to coming back to work as salaried worker. While searching for works, Najieb came and invited me to join on board in his journey with Amazon. After long thought and discussed with wife, I decided to be on board with him.

6) Najieb went to Singapore learning this Amazon since he was working with government then, he sees Amazon's potential for future endeavor apart from investing in crypto currency simultaneously. When PH's government fell, he losses his job, by that time he has too many stuff on his plate. Initially he engaged with one young fellow to help him out, but that guy seems lacking in tenacity and unmotivated since this work are quite tedious and resilience. 

7) Me on the other hand, are quite okay, and have little experiences in the past. Furthermore, it doesn't affect my time in operating my restaurant. With little bit of skill on other thing, I was able to complement Najieb's lacking on other area, in achieving our common goal. 

8) As I am writing this piece, we are still in midst of getting our products registered with Amazon. We anticipated this from beginning - expected this bumpy road prior registering with Amazon. It requires resilient and patience to overcome it - and sadly to say - qualities that wannabe entrepreneurs are lacking most, particularly among those searching for quick return - sadly to notes it happen most to Malays. If one can honestly and thoroughly analyze what are the reasons behind Malay's lacking in economic pie after 41 years of introduction of NEP - these were one of the contributing factors - an attributes that resides in the head of many Malay entrepreneurs.          

9) I am lucky since Najieb could see bigger picture, and sees the potential of American market could provide. And he knew it from his Singaporean coaches who's generously enough to share their experiences and even helping us to achieve similar goal. At the same time, he got Travis Marziani's guidance, who are quite successful Amazon's seller in America. So basically we have 2 set of guidance from 2 different regions, that certainly would provide meaningful ideas and guidance to us Insha'Allah. 

10) As I explains above, this piece is basically just a skeleton of our common goal. I hope I could elaborate more details in the future piece once we reach next level. There's still long way to go - a bumpy road ahead of course. I hope we remain perseverance, Insha'Allah.              

No comments:

Post a Comment