1) I like to highlight the following facts as I seen it, on the reason why BN fared baldy in the last GE13 as well as my two cents worth opinion for current leadership to remedy and improving any shortcomings deemed relevant.
2) Communication and information department failed to deliver massage to public, particularly to public, especially young generation. UMNO/BN still lack behind opposition in capturing social media and blogs. Something has to be done on this - DAP has successfully disseminate false perception among young voters who's generally lacked in knowledge of our nation history (Ministry of Education should look into it and review if necessary).
3) Wrong advise received on election strategy, notably in Selangor. BN fared even worst than 2008 election, opposition managed to retain the state with improved majority - PR rule the state with 2/3 majority this time. Wrong selection of candidates, are one of the factors, as exemplified in Gombak and Shah Alam constituency.
4) BN strategy to play the video of opposition leader misconduct failed to bear fruitful. Nurul Izzah managed to retain Lembah Pantai constituency despite rarely seen in the ground compare to Raja Nong Chik. This indicates the power of perception is greater than your delivery as MP in your constituency. People will easily forget what you have done in the past, they will look into your personality and appealing affect you brought in, as exemplified by KJ - his majority increased compare to 2008 election. Anwar Ibrahim still managed to retain Permatang Pauh constituency with strong majority despite having sex videos about him circulating in the media.
5) The attitude of some BN politicians doesn't helpful either. Its remind of my experienced when seeing former works minister Mohamad Zin during M Nasir concert in KLCC philharmonic orchestra auditorium somewhere a year ago. He behaved arrogantly, do not reflect a good exemplary behaviour of a leader, which gave wrong signal to public and voters.
6) BN have to be looked innocent but firms in making decision and no flip flop in its decision. UMNO has to be seen a supreme representative of the Malay rights - the role being played by Perkasa is too divisive. Perkasa role should be limited to as a check and balance to UMNO. And UMNO cannot be apologetic either.
7) The top ladder of UMNO supreme leadership should review and remedy the problematic UMNO divisions throughout Malaysia - bold and decisive decision have to be made to resolve the problem occurred.
8) Sabah and Sarawak never failed to deliver substantial seats to BN. This is the time to repay their loyalty by giving more ministerial posts from these states. Without fixed deposits from Sabah and Sarawak, BN may loose GE13.
9) This is also a time for DS Najib to test KJ ability to woo young voters by giving him ministerial post in Youth and Sports Ministry. I am believe there will be disagreement from UMNO staunch supporters - to me it was a political decision as what Dr Mahathir did when he still selected Zahid Hamidi as candidate during 1999 election, although Zahid was seen as pro Anwar Ibrahim. If KJ failed to deliver, DS Najib have every right and reasons to remove him.
10) In order to avoid being mislead once again, DS Najib should seek advise from former senior leadership of BN i.e. Tun Dr M, Tan Sri Rafidah Aziz, Tun Daim Zainuddin, Tun Lim Liong Sik, Samy Vellu etc. As their inputs may valid and relevance as an experienced leaders. As what Tun Dr Mahathir once said "look the past to see and serve the future".
Monday, May 27, 2013
Saturday, May 4, 2013
1) Today will be a final day of election campaign for all contesting parties. Tomorrow the people of Malaysia will decide who going to rule and administer this country for the next 5 years.
2) It is a D Day for BN, to me BN must reclaims 2/3 majority they lost during GE12. Surely it is not an easy task, an uphill battle. We have gone through one of the most turbulence period for the past 5 years since GE12. I am sure the current leadership of BN have done their best to woo back people support towards BN. There's so many flaws committed by previous leadership, but current leadership are doing their best to rectify it.
3) To BN supporters - please votes irrespective who are the contestant is. It is time to vote the party not the individual. We need to give a strong mandate to current leadership to fulfil their promised. So far they have done quite a good job to turn around the economy and public welfare, and needs strong mandate to continue it. The current economic circumstances proved that, nevertheless there's still a lot of works or flaws need to be done and rectify or removed.
4) But please be realistic, there's no heaven on earth nor utopian state ever existed, nobody is perfect, neither BN nor PKR is immaculate. A state of equilibrium supposed to be desired.
5) What has happen surround us, proved that. In fact our own history supposed to teach us. George Santayana once quotes "Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat again". I am hopeful the maturity of Malaysian citizen will prevail during GE13.
6) A mature person should use the maturity wisely, they will throw away the sentiment and emotion when casting their votes. Because they knows their future hold, and responsible to the future generations. Indeed, they are honest and loving people. A person who love the peace and harmony is a person who embrace the true teaching of their religion.