1) I like to highlight the following facts as I seen it, on the reason why BN fared baldy in the last GE13 as well as my two cents worth opinion for current leadership to remedy and improving any shortcomings deemed relevant.
2) Communication and information department failed to deliver massage to public, particularly to public, especially young generation. UMNO/BN still lack behind opposition in capturing social media and blogs. Something has to be done on this - DAP has successfully disseminate false perception among young voters who's generally lacked in knowledge of our nation history (Ministry of Education should look into it and review if necessary).
3) Wrong advise received on election strategy, notably in Selangor. BN fared even worst than 2008 election, opposition managed to retain the state with improved majority - PR rule the state with 2/3 majority this time. Wrong selection of candidates, are one of the factors, as exemplified in Gombak and Shah Alam constituency.
4) BN strategy to play the video of opposition leader misconduct failed to bear fruitful. Nurul Izzah managed to retain Lembah Pantai constituency despite rarely seen in the ground compare to Raja Nong Chik. This indicates the power of perception is greater than your delivery as MP in your constituency. People will easily forget what you have done in the past, they will look into your personality and appealing affect you brought in, as exemplified by KJ - his majority increased compare to 2008 election. Anwar Ibrahim still managed to retain Permatang Pauh constituency with strong majority despite having sex videos about him circulating in the media.
5) The attitude of some BN politicians doesn't helpful either. Its remind of my experienced when seeing former works minister Mohamad Zin during M Nasir concert in KLCC philharmonic orchestra auditorium somewhere a year ago. He behaved arrogantly, do not reflect a good exemplary behaviour of a leader, which gave wrong signal to public and voters.
6) BN have to be looked innocent but firms in making decision and no flip flop in its decision. UMNO has to be seen a supreme representative of the Malay rights - the role being played by Perkasa is too divisive. Perkasa role should be limited to as a check and balance to UMNO. And UMNO cannot be apologetic either.
7) The top ladder of UMNO supreme leadership should review and remedy the problematic UMNO divisions throughout Malaysia - bold and decisive decision have to be made to resolve the problem occurred.
8) Sabah and Sarawak never failed to deliver substantial seats to BN. This is the time to repay their loyalty by giving more ministerial posts from these states. Without fixed deposits from Sabah and Sarawak, BN may loose GE13.
9) This is also a time for DS Najib to test KJ ability to woo young voters by giving him ministerial post in Youth and Sports Ministry. I am believe there will be disagreement from UMNO staunch supporters - to me it was a political decision as what Dr Mahathir did when he still selected Zahid Hamidi as candidate during 1999 election, although Zahid was seen as pro Anwar Ibrahim. If KJ failed to deliver, DS Najib have every right and reasons to remove him.
10) In order to avoid being mislead once again, DS Najib should seek advise from former senior leadership of BN i.e. Tun Dr M, Tan Sri Rafidah Aziz, Tun Daim Zainuddin, Tun Lim Liong Sik, Samy Vellu etc. As their inputs may valid and relevance as an experienced leaders. As what Tun Dr Mahathir once said "look the past to see and serve the future".