2) The new company will design and develop premium high-performance sports car. They will produce its in the new manufacturing facility and sell them through a global retail network.
3) The 1st car in the range is MP4-12C, which is now in the final stage of development and 1st stages of production. Launched by Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button at McLaren's base in Woking, England.
4) The car has been conceived, designed and produced to McLaren's specification to meet the extreme requirements of the MP4-12C and here are no carryover components.
5) The dry weight of the car is 1300 kg, 3.8-liter, twin-turbocharged V8 delivers 443lb ft of torque at under 300g/km CO2 making its lowest making emissions per horse power of any car in the world, whether diesel, petrol or even hybrid.
6) It gets from 0-125mph in less than 10 seconds, hits the top speed of more than 200mph and belts out a standing quarter mile in about 11 seconds. It drops from 125-0mph in less than 5 seconds, and 62-0mph in less than 3 seconds or 30m in less than 7 cars lengths.
7) Behind the engine lies a 7 speed seamless shift dual clutch gearbox (SSG), heavily influenced by racing engineering/design. This lightweight, multi-programmed gearbox is operated by a F1 inspired rocker mounted on the steering wheel, enabling gear change to be made by either hand, even when lock is applied.
8) The steering wheel on the 12C also has very closed ties to F1, having been modelled exactly on McLaren's F1 driver's hand grips. A computer-A ided Design of past world champion's grips were captured and the steering wheel thickness replicated to match.
9) Finally, through 1 piece moulding of the MonoCell, manage to bring a carbon composites chassis (which has always featured in the ultimate segment of the sports cars market) down to the "core" segment. Within this strata of the market, cars are priced between GBP125,000.00 and GBP175,000.00, and currently traditional metal structures are offered.
10) McLaren expects about 4,000 to be sold worldwide.
11) You log on The Official McLaren web at http://www.mclarenautomotive.com/uk/default.aspx#/p11/explode for more info.